Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Previously on... HobbySnacks

Just a quick recap of what I've been up to since the old HobbySnacks closed up:

---

Snacks is back in college!

I'm currently taking up Graphic Design at CIIT Philippines, and so far it's been great. It's fun learning new stuff and getting a refresher on subjects you've already tackled before.

---

Our figure collector group, OtaKai Figure Society, was invited to have a figure display at Tamashii Convention, a Japanese culture-centered convention organized by DLSU's Nihon Kenkyuu Kai organization last March. It was a fun event and we were happy to be part of it!


Kixkillradio, Pinkcheeks, Celestine Court, Carlos of A Figure's Story, and our other awesome members displayed their personal collections, including Nendoroid figures of Miku Hatsune and other characters, and some scaled figures as well. Celestine Court's magnificent Matsuri x Fiesta diorama was one of the main draws of our display!




---

I joined the Gundam Model Kit Contest (GMKC 2015) last May for the first time! My entry was an HGBF Mega Shiki from Gundam Build Fighters Try. It was also my first time painting a kit, so it was quite an experience.

I didn't win in the contest, but I got lucky and won a Master Grade Hi-Nu Gundam ver. Ka in the raffle. Yay!

I'll have a retrospective GMKC 2015 post up soon, with pictures from the event.

My painted build of HGBF Mega Shiki
GMKC 2015!
-----

Toycon PH 2015 was held last weekend at the SM Megamall's Megatrade Center, and OtaKai was once again invited to be part of their toy group figure display exhibition.

For our second figure display for 2015, we had figures of Saber from the Fate series, fantasy-themed figures, and figures from the series "Kill la Kill" on display, along with some of my mecha figures. I was really pleased with how our display turned out, and it was extra enjoyable since we had new faces joining us on the display.

Hopefully we can work again on another display in the future!


 

-----

Well, that pretty much covers everything major that happened the past few months. I'll get back to posting more stuff when I'm done tweaking the blog's layout.

Later then!

No comments:

Post a Comment